Friday, July 16, 2010

FIRST MONTH READER SURVEY

FIRST MONTH READER SURVEY
[Please reply to this thread or send responses to yrfanfic@yahoo.com] Thanks!! :)

Thank you very much for reading the first month of Y&R Alternate Reality Story. Please spend a few minutes to leave some comments, feedback, and/or predictions for the rest of the Summer 2010 storylines. This feedback will be extremely valuable as I continue to write the remainder of the episodes for the summer.

Favorites:

1) Which current character(s) is/are your favorite? Least favorite?

I know this may be difficult after only 14 episodes, but what I am especially interested in here is whether your perceptions/opinions of any of the characters differ significantly from how you feel about them on the real show.

2) Which current character(s) would you like to see utilized more often? Less often?

3) Which current storyline is your favorite? Least favorite?

Predictions:

1) Do you have any predictions for how any of the storylines will turn out?

I try to provide numerous instances of foreshadowing that have hinted at many future events this summer. I am curious if any have been picked up on.

Wishes:

1) Is there anything that you’d like to see happen in the future (i.e. a certain character return, a certain character leave, a future couple, a future storyline, etc.)?

Episode Length/Frequency:

1) In the future, episodes will only go up twice per week in order to keep things more manageable for both readers and myself. Would you rather see new episodes go up on Tuesdays and Thursdays, or over the weekend (Saturday and Sunday) in order to pass the time between episodes of the real show?

2) How do you feel about the length of the first 14 episodes?

I have tried to keep them reasonable, and will be making a concerted effort to make each new episode a maximum of 20 scenes (rather than ~25) and a maximum of 4500-5000 words (rather than 5000+).

Reading Episodes:

1) For my interest only, how do you primarily follow the story (i.e. Soapcentral group, Soapcentral blog, Soaps.com thread, Blogspot, Twitter)?

Other Feedback/Comments:

1) Please feel free to offer any other feedback, comments, suggestions, etc.

If you are reading the story from the blog or somewhere that you are not registered/unable to post, please feel free to e-mail results to yrfanfic@yahoo.com

Thank you very much for taking the time to comment and participate in this survey. I really look forward to reading your responses and I hope you all have enjoyed what you’ve read so far. Your feedback and comments are greatly appreciated. Thanks for being a part of this story! :)



Powered by website analytics technology.


Powered by website analytics technology.

2 comments:

  1. Hey !

    All I have to say is that I want to see more of the teen group (Abby, Noah, Eden, Ricky, Kyle) and more of Daniel & Lily friendship (I don't know if you watched their scenes from March to May 2010 .. the epi of 4/14/10 when Daily talk @ CL is my fave)
    Oh I forgot .. more of Ryder vs. Victor.

    Keep your way to write ( -5000 and Monday, Wed, and Fri + 20 scenes :))

    Bye and thanks !!!!
    Shasha2

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shasha2!!

    Thanks so much for letting me know your thoughts!! Based on what you said, I think you should be pretty happy with what happens in the future. The teen group will be highly featured over the summer as new relationships are formed and others become more complicated.

    It's funny that you mentioned Daniel & Lily... Just a few days ago, I was trying to plan a scene of them together. I too like their friendship and I'll definitely make sure to incorporate it.

    Ryder vs. Victor won't be immediate, but there will definitely be more drama. And Victor has other tricks up his sleeve to keep Ryder away from his daughter. It should be fun!!

    I wish I could still do the 3 eps/week, but unfortunately something unexpected has come up that's taken away all my writing time for the past week-and-a-half. I'll definitely still keep writing the story when I have time and I'll have to do two episodes per week sadly. I wish I could do more, but for right now, it's not possible.

    Thanks again for taking the time to comment. It's greatly appreciated. Have a great day!! -yrfanfic

    ReplyDelete