Monday, January 17, 2011

EPISODE 38: MONDAY, JANUARY 17, 2011

Episode 38 – Monday, January 17, 2011

Scene 1

In the Memorial Hospital waiting room, JT Hellstrom rejoins Paul Williams. “I just talked to the doctors,” he announces, “Mac had the babies. They’re all okay.” “That’s a relief,” Paul says. “Yeah, at least something went right,” JT continues, “I’m telling you, Paul, I couldn’t take it if something else went wrong.”

Just then, JT’s cell phone rings. “JT Hellstrom…,” he answers the call. The caller’s voice cannot be heard, but it’s clearly bad news. “What!?” JT exclaims, “Come on… No, this can’t be happening.” He’s in distress. “JT!?” Paul and Katherine rush over to his side.

“What’s going on?” Katherine Chancellor Murphy asks. JT can barely speak. “My parents…,” he whispers, “They were in a car accident… They didn’t make it.” “Oh, JT, I’m so sorry,” Katherine offers her sympathies. “Your sister?” Paul asks. “She’s okay, I guess… she wasn’t with them when it happened.” “Well, thank God for that,” Paul remarks. “Yeah. Um,I gotta get out of here,” JT says, overwhelmed. “We’ll keep an eye on Mackenzie for you,” Katherine announces, “Go.” “Dear God in Heaven,” Katherine says to Paul, “That man has been through enough today. For this to have happened on today of all days, the man upstairs sometimes has a cruel sense of humor.”

Scene 2

Phyllis Newman is on the phone with the police, trying to report the disappearance of her husband Nicholas Newman. “I know about the 24-hour waiting period, but I’m telling you my husband is missing, and something has happened to him.”

Scene 3

Lily Winters Ashby, her ‘father’ Neil Winters, and her adopted brother Devon Hamilton Winters all arrive at Memorial Hospital together. Jill Abbott greets them. “Congratulations, sweetie,” she says as she hugs Lily. “The twins were born already?” Lily asks. “Oh, yes. Mackenzie already gave birth,” Jill confirms, “They’re fine. The babies are happy and healthy.” “Thank God,” Neil comments, breathing a sigh of relief. “And Mac?” Devon inquires. Jill sees the doctor approaching Katherine and Paul. “Well, we’re about to find out…,” she says.

Scene 4

Katherine and Paul hurry over to meet the doctor. “Where’s Mackenzie? Can we see her?” she demands. “No, she’s resting,” the doctor reveals, “She’s been experiencing some high blood pressure. We want to monitor her to make sure everything’s alright.” “When will she be able to have visitors?” Paul asks. “It’s difficult to say,” the doctor admits, “We’ll continue to keep a close eye on her. If her blood pressure comes down…” Katherine cuts him off. “What do you mean, ‘if’?” she asks, “You mean, ‘as soon as,’ right?” “This is a difficult time for her,” the doctor explains, “She was under a tremendous amount of stress earlier.”

Lily approaches Katherine. “How’s Mac?” she inquires. Katherine grabs her hand. “Lily, darling, um, there’s been some complications,” Katherine tells Lily, “not with the babies. Apparently Mackenzie has developed high blood pressure.” “Is that serious?” Lily asks. “If it doesn’t come down soon, it could be,” Katherine responds.

Scene 5

Kevin Fisher is at Crimson Lights Coffee House, finishing up a late shift. His friend Scott Grainger, Jr. walks in. “Just the guy I was hoping to see!” Kevin exclaims. “Oh, yeah?” Scott replies, “When did you get back in?” “Last night,” Kevin answers, “and let me tell you, Jana gave me the best ‘Welcome home’ present last night.”

Scene 6A

Jana Hawkes Fisher enters Fenmore’s Boutique, where she sees Roxanne Porter re-arranging one of the displays. “Roxanne, hey!” she calls, “Um, is Lauren here?” “No, she actually just left,” Roxanne answers. “Good. I need to talk to you,” Jana says, “and I don’t want Lauren to see or hear me.” “What is it?” Roxanne asks. “I’m afraid I did something I might regret,” Jana begins.

Scene 5B

“You know, I think Jana and I are finally starting to reconnect,” Kevin reveals. Scott isn’t sure how to respond. “That’s great, man,” he says, sounding almost sincere. “Yeah, you know, we even, um, slept in the same bed for the first time in months,” Kevin boasts.

Scene 6B

“You slept with Scott, didn’t you?” Roxanne suspects. “No, I didn’t, but there was a temptation,” Jana confesses. “So you regret not sleeping with him?” Roxanne asks.

Scene 5C

“And the best part, it was her idea…,” Kevin continues, “I don’t know what happened while I was away, but I have a feeling that spending all that time with you somehow helped lead Jana back to me.” He pats Scott on the shoulder. “Glad I could help you out with that,” Scott replies, sounding very distant and trying to keep his emotions under control.

Scene 6C

“I slept with my husband,” Jana informs Roxanne. “…And you regret that?” Roxanne questions, “You think it was the wrong decision?” “It was for the wrong reasons,” Jana states, “What I regret is using him as a substitute for Scott. I pushed Scott away because I wanted to stay loyal to Kevin, but now I’m realizing that I don’t think I can just forget about Scott. The feelings that I used to have for him… I’m having those for Scott.”

Scene 7

In Ryder Callahan’s motel room, Abby Carlton vents the events at the courthouse to Ryder, just as she had done earlier to Ricky Williams. “So I told you my family was screwed up before,” she begins, “Well, I had no idea how bad it was until today. Get this: my half-sister just married my uncle… And my dad just said that my other dad is really my nephew’s biological father, which would also make him my half-brother. Why can’t I just have a normal family for once? I mean, things were perfect when it was just my mom, my dad – um, Brad Carlton, and Colleen and me. And now Brad and Colleen are dead, my mom is always at work since she took the CEO job at Jabot… and I don’t ever want to see Victor again. I have no one anymore… except for you.” She hugs Ryder again.

Scene 8

Michael returns home to the Baldwins’ Apartment. “Why aren’t you at the hearing?” His younger sister, Eden Gerick, inquires. “Don’t ask!” Michael shouts, “It was one disaster after another. I just want to lie down and forget all about it.” “So you lost?” Eden asks. “No, I didn’t lose,” Michael clarifies, “There was no verdict. Mackenzie went into labour in the middle of it, right after Victor claimed that Brad Carlton is really Reed’s biological father and Alex exposed Victoria’s secret marriage to Billy Abbott! So, to make a long story short, it’s postponed…”

Scene 9A

Phyllis springs up off the couch. “Nick?” she shouts. She runs to the door and opens it. It’s Lauren. “Phyllis, hi,” Lauren greets her best friend. “Lauren,” Phyllis whispers, comforted and relieved. She hugs her tightly. Lauren is caught off-guard.

“Is everything okay?” Lauren asks. “Didn’t Michael tell you about Nick?” Phyllis responds, “I thought that’s why you were here…” “No, I had something that I wanted to tell you,” Lauren admits, “But forget that. What about Nick?” “I think something’s happened to him,” Phyllis reveals, “His car was at the Courthouse but he never came inside. For his sister’s custody hearing. No one’s heard from him. Not Victoria, Nikki, Sharon, Noah… I’m telling you, he just disappeared.”

Scene 10

Michael is in the kitchen eating a snack. He throws the wrapper out in the garbage. “What the hell…?” he asks aloud as he notices something almost hidden at the bottom of the garbage. He pulls it out and realizes it’s a home pregnancy test. Michael glances over at Eden who is sitting on the couch. He has a very disappointed look on his face.

Scene 9B

“There has not been a moment of peace since Daisy,” Lauren confides in Phyllis, “I know these last few months have been like that for you too…” Phyllis gets up from the couch. “I can’t sit here feeling sorry for myself, doing nothing,” she announces, “I should be out looking for him. I have to find my husband” “Do you need Michael and me to take Summer?” Lauren offers. “No, she’s at a sleepover,” Phyllis answers.

Lauren’s cell phone rings. She answers it and Michael appears frantic. “Lauren, thank God. I need you to come home right away,” he says. “Honey, I’m with Phyllis,” Lauren tells him. Michael collects himself. “Any word on Nick?” he asks, trying to remain calm. “No. Unfortunately not,” Lauren states. “That’s too bad,” Michael replies, “Look, I know that you want to be there for a friend right now. So do I. But listen: It’s very important that you come home right away. Tell Phyllis we’re thinking about her and we’ll check in later. And come home.” “Michael…,” Lauren protests, “You’re scaring me.” “I will explain everything when you get home,” Michael says. He hands up. Lauren looks over at Phyllis.

“I’m really sorry, but I have to go,” she informs her friend, “Michael needs me at home.” “You came here to tell me something?” Phyllis recalls. “Um, it can wait,” Lauren decides, “I’ll be thinking good thoughts about Nick. And if you need anything, anything at all, please call us, okay?”

Scene 11

Abby has calmed down. Ryder returns with a cup of hot chocolate for her. He hands it to her and she takes a sip.

“I can’t believe you actually live in this place,” Abby says suddenly, taking a look at the room, “It’s a total dump…” “It’s the best I can do,” Ryder answers. “It’s not right,” Abby tells him, “You deserve so much better.” “Well, Gloria offered to let me move in with her and Jeffrey, but I turned her down,” Ryder admits, “I don’t want anyone’s handouts. And I don’t want her feeling obligated to me just cause I’m Tom Fisher’s kid.” “Still, you must be so alone here,” Abby speculates, “Just like me… Don’t you see: we understand each other so well, Ryder. You won’t let me be alone tonight, will you?” She strokes the side of his face.

Scene 12

Lily and Neil are talking in the hospital waiting room. “My baby having her own babies,” Neil comments, “There was a time when I never thought I would see the day, but here you are. Healthy and strong. And now, a mother. I am so proud of you.”

Neil’s half-brother, Malcolm Winters, arrives at Memorial Hospital. “Congratulations, mama,” he says to Lily. “Thank you,” Lily replies appreciatively, “I’m so sorry for forgetting to call you. How did you know about the babies?” “Your dad called me,” Malcolm answers. Lily smiles and turns to Neil. “Really?” she asks. “I knew that you would want him here,” Neil admits, “I think we can put aside our differences for today. To celebrate this joyous occasion with you. Isn’t that right, Malcolm?” “It certainly is,” Malcolm confirms, “Today is all about my beautiful ‘niece’ and those two incredible gifts you received today.” “Thank you,” Lily says, “You don’t know how much that means to me.”

Scene 13

Paul brings Katherine a cup of coffee. She thanks him. “Why don’t you take off for a bit?” Katherine suggests, “Everything seems to be under control here and there’s plenty of people to take care of Mackenzie.” “You don’t mind?” Paul asks. “Not at all,” Katherine replies. “You know, I’m gonna stop over at JT’s and inform the sitter what happened,” Paul announces, “JT was probably so out of his mind that he forgot to check in.” Paul has a realization. “And I’ve been so busy thinking about JT that I haven’t even checked in with my own son,” he says aloud.”

Scene 14

Lauren arrives home. “Finally!” Michael exclaims. Lauren is confused. “Honey, I told you I was with Phyllis,” she reminds him, “I got here as fast as I could. Now why did you want to see me? Is Fen okay?” “He’s fine. He’s with Gloria.”

Michael looks over at Eden before answering Lauren’s question. “You know, Eden, I need to speak to Lauren,” Michael informs his sister, “Could you give us a few minutes please?” He sounds shaken up. “Sure,” Eden replies, sounding pouty. She goes into her bedroom.

“Michael, what’s going on?” Lauren demands. “Do you have any idea what is going on with Eden and Noah?” Michael asks his wife. “Yes, she already told me all about Kyle,” Lauren answers, misinterpreting Michael’s question. Michael is confused. “Kyle?” he repeats, “What does Kyle Abbott have to do with any of this?”

Scene 15

Jana has returned to her apartment. There is a knock on the door and she answers it. It’s Scott, who walks into the apartment before she can say anything or give her permission. “I heard about you and Kevin,” he announces. “It’s not what you think!” Jana stammers. “Save it!” Scott replies, “Don’t tell me you suddenly got feelings for him. You don’t love him!” “I know,” Jana says quietly. Scott is taken aback. “What?” he asks. “I agree with you,” Jana repeats, “It was a mistake… being with Kevin when I really wanted to be with you.”

Scene 16

Paul returns home to an empty apartment. “Ricky?” he calls out for his son. There’s no answer, and Paul realizes his son isn’t home.

Noticing that the computer is left on, Paul heads over to it and turns on the monitor. He checks the history and sees ‘Genoa City Airport.’ Paul clicks on the links and sees that Ricky looked at several flights to California. “Damn it!” he curses, “I never should have left him alone.”

Scene 17

Ryder gently pulls himself away from Abby’s advances. “You don’t want to go home tonight, do you?” he asks her. “I can’t face my dad right now. Not after what he did,” Abby explains, “Please, let me stay here with you. Where I feel safe.” She leans in and kisses his lips.

“I thought you came here only as a friend,” Ryder replies softly. “I swear those were my intentions,” Abby insists, “but I can’t keep lying to myself. I love you and you are the only good thing in my life right now.” Ryder isn’t sure what to say. “Look, Ryder, I’ve waited so long to be with you,” Abby continues, “Don’t make me wait any longer.”

Scene 18

Jill approaches Lily in the maternity ward of the hospital. “I thought Cane would be here,” Lily admits. “I mean, when Michael said he might have a way to bring Cane home, I really thought it would have happened by now…” “These things take time,” Jill tries to stay rational, “There’s so much red tape to go through in dealing with the immigration authorities.” “We don’t have time,” Lily responds, “I keep thinking of all the things Cane is gonna miss. The first time they come home. And then what’s next? Their first steps? Their first words? Will they even know how to say ‘daddy?’” “Of course they will!” Lily assures her daughter-in-law, “I promise you, Cane will be a part of the twins’ lives. And until then, I will be there with you, and your father will be there with you. Every step of the way.”

Scene 19

Abby continues to make a play for Ryder in his motel room. “I’m 18. I’m legal now,” Abby justifies, “What’s holding you back?” “Just because we can, doesn’t mean we should,” Ryder explains. “What’s that supposed to mean?” Abby questions, taking offense. “It means that you’re not ready for that kind of relationship,” Ryder insists, “I’m not ready!” “No, it means this was a mistake. Me coming here!” Abby realizes. She grabs her purse and heads for the door. “Abby! Where are you going?” Ryder calls after her. Abby turns back, teary-eyed. “I have no idea,” she admits, “but I won’t stay where I’m not wanted. I have told you time and time again how I feel about you. And every time I think that we are getting somewhere, you pull away from me. I don’t know what’s wrong with me to make you do that.” “Nothing!” Ryder tells her. “Then why don’t you want to be with me?” Abby asks again, “You say you care about me, that you don’t want to hurt me… but here I am, and I’m hurt. So I’m through waiting for you to get your life sorted out. If you want to be here alone, then fine. If you change your mind, you know where to find me. But until then, goodbye, Ryder. And good riddance.” She storms out.

Scene 20

Roxanne arrives at the hospital. Neil and Devon greet her. “Hey! How’s Lily?” Roxanne asks. “She’s in with the twins right now…,” Devon announces.

Scene 21A

Meanwhile, Lily is seeing and speaking to the babies for the first time. “Hi! It’s me… your mother,” she says softly as she hovers over them, “You’re my babies, my little Drew and Colleen…”

Scene 22A

Cut to Mackenzie sleeping in her hospital bed. There is a shot of her heart monitor as her heart rate begins to fluctuate rapidly.

Scene 21B

Cut back to Lily, who is still talking to the twins, now about Mackenzie. “And I can’t wait to be able to tell her how grateful I am for helping to bring you two into my life,” she says, “I don’t know how I’ll ever repay her.”

Scene 22B

A heart monitor starts beeping and those in the waiting room see the doctors rush by as an alarm sounds. Katherine and Jill spring up from their seats. “Oh gosh. Is it Mackenzie?” Katherine worries.

Scene 23

Lauren realizes that Michael doesn’t know. “Your sister cheated on Noah… with Kyle,” she gently informs her husband. “What?” Michael reacts, “When did that happen? How did that happen?” “The night of Noah’s pool party,” Lauren explains, “After Kyle poached away all of Noah’s guests, Eden went over there to give him a piece of her mind.” “She ended up giving him something else,” Michael deduces. “Apparently,” Lauren nods. “Eww, my little sister with Jack’s delinquent son,” Michael comments, “I do not want to picture that.” “Eden feels really badly about what she did, but Noah will not talk to her,” Lauren continues, “She’s crushed.”

“Well, this whole situation makes what I have to say even harder,” Michael says vaguely, “It adds quite a complication.” “What kind of complication?” Lauren asks. Michael pulls the home-pregnancy test out of his pocket and holds it up for Lauren. “I found this…,” he informs her. “Oh, that,” Lauren whispers, almost speechless, “From the kitchen garbage?” “Yeah,” Michael confirms, “You knew?” Lauren takes a moment.

“Michael, it’s not Eden’s. It’s mine,” she announces, “I’m the one who’s pregnant.” Michael is stunned, not sure of how to respond. “Oh…,” he says.

Scene 24

Jana and Scott continue to discuss their feelings for one another. “I don’t remember the first time I met Kevin,” Jana states, “But I remember meeting you for the first time, at the Newman Pool. When our eyes met for the first time, there was something between us right then. I know you felt it too.” “I did,” Scott nods. Jana leans in closer to him. “And I don’t remember my first kiss with Kevin,” she continues softly, “But I can’t stop thinking about you kissing me… right in this very apartment. I thought I was dreaming because I had wanted it for so long. But it was real.” “Then why did you give Kevin this impression that you are re-committed to him?” Scott inquires. “Because I was ashamed – I am ashamed that I’m having these feelings for someone other than my husband,” Jana confesses, “And I thought if I just focused my attention on Kevin, that my feelings for you would go away.” “You didn’t have to sleep with him,” Scott tells her. “I thought I was doing the right thing,” Jana justifies her actions, “But I swear to you, the only way I got through it… was by imagining that I was with you.” This makes Scott smirk. “I don’t want to just imagine it anymore,” Jana announces.

Scene 25A

Kevin is at the Coffee House, after hours, preparing to count the till and update the record books. There is a picture of him with Jana in the office. He takes a moment and stares at it. “What the hell am I doing here when I have a beautiful, gorgeous wife who loves me waiting at home?” he asks aloud.

Scene 26A

Meanwhile, back at the Fishers’ Apartment, Jana and Scott are kissing passionately.

Scene 25B

Kevin calls Jana to give her an update. It goes straight to voicemail. “Hey, Jana… I’m just picking up some of your favourite snacks from the Coffee House, and then I’m on my way home,” he tells his wife, “I can’t tell you happy I am that we finally got our marriage back on track. Can’t wait to see you. Bye.”

Scene 26B

Jana’s cell phone sits on her nightstand. As it vibrates, the screen says ‘Missed Call: Kevin.’ Meanwhile, Jana and Scott are in bed together.

Next Time on The Young and The Restless

Coming: Monday, January 24, 2011 (tentatively)

-Will Mackenzie survive?
-How will Michael react to Lauren’s pregnancy?
-Will Kevin discover Scott and Jana in bed together?

***I may need additional time to complete the next episode, unfortunately, but will try my best to have it up by Monday.

www.yrfanfic.blogspot.com www.facebook.com/yrfanfic

Click below to see a video promo featuring Daniel and Sharon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SqXjC29Cm0U

DISCLAIMER: This alternate reality story is intended as a fan fiction and is not affiliated with CBS, Sony, The Young and the Restless or any of their sponsors or affiliates.

No comments:

Post a Comment